There is a wide array of treatments that can be used for varicose/spider veins cases, which include:
- Endovenous Laser Treatment (EVLA)
- Radiofrequency Obliteration (Venafit)
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy
- Chemical Abllation (aritherna, large vein management, small vein managmenet)
- Deep vein thrombosis management
- Superficial thrombophlebitis management
- Compression Services
- Lymphedema Services
Conservative vein treatment includes the non-invasive techniques utilized today in the prevention and treatment of vein disease. These methods require no medications or surgery and can be beneficial in slowing or minimizing the progression of chronic vein disease.
- Lifestyle changes
- Elevate your legs above the heart
- Avoid crossing your legs when sitting
- Weight loss
- Avoid standing for prolonged periods of time
- Dietary supplements
- Compression stockings
- Walking 10,000 steps per day
Regular physical activity promotes circulation and often slows the development of venous disorders. At Lafayette Regional Vein & Laser Center we identify the best conservative treatment for vein disease to be exercise and the use of compression stockings. Both of these techniques have been shown to enhance the calf pump, which is key in moving the vein blood back up into the heart.
Although these methods will not remove or diminish the diseased veins, they can be effective in reducing the symptoms of a vein problem.